Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Alas Poor Chubby

October 1990 - March 8, 2009
Jasper Louise, aka Chubby Ann, died this past Sunday evening, after a rapid decline in health this past week. She was never the prettiest or the most lovable cat, but she was loved nonetheless, for her quirky sense of humor and her assertive personality. She was buried in the front yard, in a private twilight service, and laid to rest with a peanut donut between her paws, and a Japanese maple overhead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's just been one of those weeks, you guys. I'm sure you know the kind: dying animals underfoot, requiring round the clock attention; children on a bad brat kick, because you're not paying attention to them (grrr); I've caught Bea's cold, or something like that, and to top off the fun here at the Edge, my left eye is all red and swollen up. Pink eye? Pollen? Excessive crying messing up the tear ducts? Who the hell knows.
Plans for Bea's Not My Birthday Party/Vernal Equinox Celebration are moving ahead. If you're going to be in the RDU area on March 21st, and want to come, let me know. The more the merrier! After Ms. Q's visit this past weekend, with a rainbow of Izze fruit sodas in hand, we've decided that Izzes might be the perfect mixer with vodka for the big day.
Apologies all around from me: I've been a bad blog friend this past week, what with all the hoopla going on. Forgive me, I will be trying to catch up this week.
Bea, the girl who used to blog, is armpit deep in beaus right now. I know - she's all bemused by this turn of events as well! I keep telling her that she should spill the dirt with all of us, via writing a post (hint, hint, Bea!), but she's keeping her cards close to her much sought after chest these days. Tell her you want to know all the dirt, won't you?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bea! Girlfriend! Do tell . . .

And a big hug for you on the loss of your cat. One of my daughter's gerbils passed last week. We did the burial under a gorgeous apple tree. She was tore up . . .

I'm laid off. Maybe a trip to your party is in order . . .

AnnetteK said...

I'm sorry about poor Chubby Ann. She does look like she had a lot of personality - especially in those beautiful eyes.

FairiesNest said...

So sorry to hear about Jasper! Our Lilith has gone missing since we returned Sunday and I fear the worst...

Anonymous said...

Darn. I'm sorry about Jasper. Never easy to bury an animal, even the ornery ones. *sniff*

I wish I could attend the party... I really do.

Bea! Please share!

Arizaphale said...

What is it with BFs that when the men turn up they stop blogging? Mine hasn't even announced her impending NUPTIALS on her sadly neglected blog.
And as for poor Chubby, that's a lot of names for one cat. Perhaps the responsibility was too much? I didn't even know they made peanut donuts. Sincere condolences. For Chubby, not the donut.

flutter said...

Oh, honey

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

I will miss Chubby - as silly a little tabby as she was, she still had her own personality, and her own way of getting what she wanted (pop tarts and peanut donuts, to be specific). It is truly the end of the Greenville kitty era.

Okay, okay okay.. I'll write, I'll write, I'll write. The sought after ta ta's (Im as surprised as anyone) and I will spill. :)

Cold Spaghetti said...

I'm so sorry about Chubby Ann. We went through this with our kids about 2 years ago and my 5 year old STILL asks about her. "Where's Manx?" "She's in the back." "RIGHT. Manx is ALWAYS in the back..."

Maggie, Dammit said...

So sorry, love. :(

bandick said...

Sorry to hear it. Rough year for kitties.

Yes, Bea. Do tell. How's your atom bouncing coming along? Mine's come to a screeching halt and so has my blog! I'll post if you do...

♥ Braja said...

Alas, poor Chubby...peace, cat...

And hey Kat? Thanks SO MUCH for sticking that One Night in Bangkok song in my head....I SO needed that...

Dammit.

Pyzahn said...

Oh, I think she is beautiful.

I stumbled in to your blog for the first time..maybe so I could add comforting thoughts on the loss of a friend. You obviously gave her a very good life, and a righteous farewell.

My male cat is almost fourteen and has become velcro. Even now he's lying on my lap with his loose hair mucking up my keyboard. I can't help but wonder about the sudden closeness.

R.I.P Jasper Louise.

Jennifer S said...

I'm just getting caught up with some blogs, and I'm so sorry I didn't stop by sooner.

Such sad news about your cat, and I'm sorry for this loss. A quirky sense of humor is always missed when it's gone. Hugs.

hele said...

i am so very sorry. sitting here crying a bit for you and sending lots and lots of love.

may she visit you in your dreams often.

BIG hug*