Monday, March 17, 2008

Bea's Birthday Beverage

Yes, it has been a while since I've been in here. It was really crazy-busy last week in Real Time. ('member? That place you wake up in every day, and have to attend to the washing of clothes, dishes, bodies, etc? Is it coming back to you now? Okayy then!) There was the day trip to the coast to take assorted cats to the vet, mid week, and for the past two weeks, I've been planning and executing Bea's Surprise Birthday Party. Since she is usually on the front line of my nervous breakdowns, its been close to excruciating planning this party, and not being able to vent or spitball, or nuthin'. At one point I just went all Monty Python on her; "Burma!" I shouted out, inexplicably. At her raised eyebrow, I explained, "I just felt like saying it."

But it went off wonderfully. Somehow.

The big hit was our new beverage, Raspberry Lemonade, which slides down so easily, you don't even realize you've drank half of a fifth of vodka, until its too late. Even our loyal constituent of beer drinkers tried a few of these and declared, "M R Good!"

Want to know how they were made?
I knew you would!You will need:
1 package of frozen raspberries, thawed. Puree in the blender until smooth, strain through a sieve and add just enough water to make it pourable.
All natural lemonade. You can make your own, if you want, but I bought Simply Lemonade, because its straight lemonade and no extra crap.
A nice bottle of vodka.

In a pitcher, filled to just under halfway with ice, add vodka to about the 1/4 level.
Add about 1/2 cup of raspberry puree and swirl together until they are mixed, more or less.
Fill the pitcher with lemonade and stir to combine.
In a tall glass, squeeze two round lemon slices and drop the slices in the glass.
Fill to the top with the Raspberry Lemonade. Garnish with a bendy straw.
Suck down quickly and repeat as necessary.

More to come, once everyone signs their release waivers.

6 comments:

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

MMMMMmmmmm MMMMMmmmmm! Those were mighty tasty! And the party was absolutely fabulous! (Could I use a few more of these jobbers? !!!!)

I was thrilled, and I love you and Ms Q Thiiiiisssssss much for pulling all that off just for me. I felt very special. I can't wait to see the pictures. A little online humiliation is good for the soul.

Your American Idol! said...

Say, that's a pretty refreshing morning drink. It's not helping my writing any, but what the hell.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel a twelve step program in my future to get off those drinks..."Hello, my name is Ms. Q and I am addicted to Raspberry Lemonade"...Hi Ms. Q. Oh well, they are worf it! M are good!!!

thailandchani said...

It sounds wonderful, even without the vodka. Since I'm a non-drinker, I'll try it that way and let you know. :)

flutter said...

Yes please~!

Jennifer S said...

Refill, please.

You know I'm gonna try these.