Thursday, March 20, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

Excuse #1
Nothing like a looming holiday to kick up the volunteer schedule at school - I'm headed back again this afternoon for an Easter egg hunt/math center with the second graders, so of course, I'm NOT writing and finishing up the Rattling a Few Bones~Part VI. Its giving me a hard time anyway, but the increased demand for my volunteer services doesn't help either.

Excuse #2
I meant to write a two-part piece on our personal quest to have kids, and its gone on and on, turning into a four-parter that's already so long I feel like maybe I'm rambling. I'm deeply afraid that "this isn't writing, its typing", in the words of Truman Capote .(via Robin Williams; I'm just not "deep" enough to want to read ole Truman, so sue me.) But whatever the shoddy reason, I'm not done with it yet, and its getting out of hand long, so next week, I have to finish it and then edit the crap out of it.

Excuse #3
Are you ready for Sunday morning, and that damn rabbit, who craps jelly beans all over my windowsills, mantel, counter tops, tables, etc? Because I'm not egg-actly (HAH! I'm funny! OK, maybe not so much...sigh) ready for the big sugar fest quite yet, and with TWO DAYS !!(stifled scream) left to get ready, I'm thinking a headless chicken dance is in order. (Note- the management would like to apologize to any vegetarians who are offended by that image, and assure said vegans that no chickens will actually be decapitated; at least where they can see!) (Muhahahaha!)

BUT...in the spirit of the season, I do have a picture the kids and I made last year that really sums up our favorite aspects of the season:
I know, its corny, but the guys just giggle their heads off when we say this. Ah, simple joys!

4 comments:

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

Excuses!? We don't need no stinking excuses!

Hey, at least you're writing. I seem to have come down with a raging case of bloggingytis.

Your American Idol! said...

I generally pick up a box of gooey yellow 'Peeps' on Easter morning at the Kwik Trip. Tell the kids the bunny was out late, drinking, and this was the best he could do.

Hey, they gotta learn early that life's not fair.

Speaking of volunteering...I had lunch with my son's kindergarten class this afternoon. It was the closest I ever hope to come to being locked in a cage of angry ferrets. Sweet Jesus, the noise...and the jostling....it was insane.

Jennifer S said...

If I could only get my hands on the chocolate Peeps. Can't find them anywhere.

I say enjoy the weekend, and don't worry about the rest. But eat lots of candy. It's the only way to survive your kids' sugar high.

Anonymous said...

AHH, the Peeps!! I'm afraid! They scare me so. So sinister! I'm running away now.