I was tagged by Autumn at Confessions Of A (Not So) Domestic Diva for this meme:
Name one thing you do everyday:
1. Rescue cats who are perpetually on the wrong side of the door (This is really an all day long kind of thing, and kind of annoying, but it keeps my butt from atrophying, so I let them live.)
Name 2 things you wish you could learn:
1. To play piano (I really want to make a Sam Kinnison joke right now, about Jesus using his hand as a whistle, but I'll refrain.)
2. Oh! To travel through time (this a favorite wish of my oldest child, and it could be a really handy tool in researching genealogy, though I might end up not born, or some other Back to The Future kind of thing.)
Name 3 things that remind you of your childhood:
1. Peanut butter and raspberry jam on rye bread. It never tastes right on any other kind of bread for me. Add a brown paper bag and I'm back in elementary school, standing in a coatroom (yeah, back in the early mesozoaic era they still attached coatroom areas to classrooms - so I'm a dinosaur - What. Ever.)
2. Penny Brite (again was a popular toy in the mesozoaic, back before toys had to have batteries to be fun - I think you know where I'm going with this.)
3. Playing dolls with my sister - wait a minute - we were just doing that last week - some things never change, I guess! (And check out her latest doll, The Queen of Tarts, here) 4 things you love to eat but rarely do
1. Caramel Apples - around here all they ever make are those gnarly red candy ones, so I pass.
2. Steamed clams - I love them but I can only eat aqua-culture, because I'm like the canary in the coal mine, when it comes to water-borne bacteria, and its so not worth it to spend the evening waiting to yack.
3. Ice cream - I don't know why I don't eat it - I love ice cream, but I'm never really in the mood for it, unless its summertime and we're going to Dairy Queen - Butterfinger Blizzards defy all laws of restraint.
4. Leg of lamb - I used to like it a lot, but I can't bring myself to eat it anymore. Ever. (sorry Mom)
Name 5 things/people that make you feel good
1. My husband, when he's not hiding my keys, though he DID confess, once he was cornered.
3. My oldest son, because he loves history as much as I do, and he's still a sweetie, when he isn't being cool. 4. My youngest son, because he's an incredible artist and such a sweetie- he's always giving me little cards that say, "I love you".
5. Being far enough away from civilization that I can hear only the sounds of the mountains, woods, or ocean around me.
These are my Tag-ees; no pressure though - fear not the anguish it will cause me if you must decline- I'll shamble along, somehow:
Bea at Trapped Under Something Heavy
Liv at Madness, Madness, I Say
Maggie at Okay, Fine, Dammit
Jodi at Slow Panic